[this text is hidden]
Make A New “Sandbox” Course
Faculty can create their own development courses in Canvas. These are sometimes referred to as “sandbox” courses, since they are a place to explore, experiment and build new things.
Things to Know
- Development courses should never have students enrolled in them. They are for development only.
- Any and all content created in a development course may be copied into an official course.
- Any development course you create, you may also delete (see below).
See the following Canvas Guides for complete instructions:
Note: If you do not see this feature on the Dashboard, please contact TMI.
What’s It For?
Possible uses for a development course:
- Prepare content for a new course you have never taught before.
- Make a copy of a current course and begin making changes for the next semester.
- Import content from a textbook publisher for evaluation.
- Import and review content from a colleague before bringing it into your own course.
- Experiment with some Canvas tools (Quizzes, Discussions, etc.) without cluttering an existing course.
- And more…!
The option to Start a New Course is found on the Dashboard.
So go make a sandbox, and play in Canvas!
See the Canvas Guide: