[this text is hidden]
New Analytics – Online Attendance
The New Analytics tool in Canvas includes an Attendance feature, providing the instructor with data and insight on student online participation. This tool is primarily used for tracking participation in an online course.
NOTE: For tracking attendance in the classroom, please see the Roll Call Attendance tool.
The Canvas Attendance tool includes the following criteria:
- Course Access: Student views a page in a course.
- Posts: Student posts a new reply to a discussion or announcement.
- Assignments: Student submits an assignment.
- Collaborations: Student loads a collaboration to view/edit document.
- Quizzes: Student begins or submits a quiz.
Student participation in any of these activities will constitute “attendance.”
Access Student Online Attendance
Instructors access Canvas Attendance data from the New Analytics tool in the course menu*, then clicking the Online Attendance tab.
*Don’t see it in your class? Enable it in the course navigation menu (SEE: Manage Course Navigation Links).
View Online Attendance Details
Attendance data is displayed for all students by week, but can be filtered to show specific students and date ranges.
See the Canvas Guide: