TechConnect Cloud (3C Media)
TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) offers full-featured video hosting services free to all faculty and staff of the California Community Colleges System.
TMI recommends 3C Media for long-term video management.
With an account you can:
- upload and manage media, create custom playlists
- share media privately or publicly
- add video to Canvas (see below)
- edit auto-captioning for your media
- and much more!
Create An Account
Faculty first need to create a free 3C Media account.
You MUST use your Butte College @butte.edu email address when registering.
You will receive email confirmation, and a link to create an account password.
- Go to TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) and log in to your account
- Click My Account
- Request upload access (one time only)
The first time you access your Media library, you will be prompted to request upload access.
* After the initial request for upload permission, there will be a short delay while your account is verified by 3C Media.
- Click Media
- Click Add / Upload Media
- Select “Upload a video” from the options:
- Upload a video to 3C Media Solutions allows you to upload your own video files, manage them, and embed them into Canvas.
- A video already on YouTube allows you to link a YouTube video to be managed from within 3C Media, but cannot be captioned (should already be captioned in YouTube).
Ensure Accurate Captioning
Captioning is an important part of using video in Canvas, and is required by law. After uploading video to 3C Media, you can submit a request to have speech-to-text captioning generated. Accuracy varies, depending on the content.
Faculty are encouraged to edit the caption file for accuracy.
Embed Videos In Canvas
Once you have a TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) account, your content can be accessed from the content editor anywhere within Canvas.
- Use the 3C Media toolbar icon from the content editor to embed media
- Navigate your 3C Media Library and find the video to embed.
Click the Insert button to the right of the video title.
- The video will be placed in the content editor in the cursor location.
TechConnect Cloud (3C Media) Quick Guides