Faculty can integrate Office 365 tools directly into a Canvas course, enabling a variety of features:
- Students can submit OneDrive files directly to Canvas Assignments
- Access OneDrive documents through SpeedGrader
- Include OneDrive documents in Modules
- Link or embed OneDrive documents anywhere within the Content Editor
- Create Collaborations for the course, or student groups, using Word, Excel or Powerpoint
REMEMBER: Your Office 365 documents must meet accessibility standards.
To Add Office 365 To A Course:
- In the course, go to Settings
- Click the Apps tab (top of page)
- Scroll or use the search filter to find Office 365
- Click the Office 365 item, then click +Add App
You will be prompted for a “Consumer Key” and a “Shared Secret.” Use the link below to retrieve this information.
NOTE: Be sure to record these codes for future use. They can be used in multiple courses.
- Copy the codes provided, and paste them into the corresponding fields. Click Add App.
- Refresh the page (or navigate elsewhere) to view the Office 365 course menu item.
NOTE: The course menu item can be visible or hidden to students without removing other Office 365 options elsewhere in the course.
Learn more about using Office 365 with Canvas:
- Office 365 Course-level Features
- How do I link to a OneDrive document from within the Content Editor?
- How do I create an Office 365 cloud assignment with a file?
- How do I create an Office 365 collaboration?
- Canvas User Group: Office 365