Faculty can integrate Google Drive tools directly into a Canvas course, enabling a variety of features:
- Students can submit Google Drive files directly to Canvas Assignments
- Access Google Drive documents through SpeedGrader
- Include Google Drive documents in Modules
- Link or embed Google Drive documents anywhere within the Content Editor
- Create Collaborations for the course, or student groups, using Google Docs, Sheets or Slides
To Add Google Drive To A Course:
- In the course, go to Settings
- Click the Apps tab (top of page)
- Scroll or use the search filter to find Google Drive
- Click the Google Drive item, then click +Add App
You will be prompted for a “Consumer Key” and a “Shared Secret.” Use the link below to retrieve this information.
NOTE: Be sure to record these codes for future use. They can be used in multiple courses.
- Copy the codes provided, and paste them into the corresponding fields. Click Add App.
- Refresh the page (or navigate elsewhere) to view the Google Drive course menu item.
The course menu item can be visible or hidden to students without removing other Google Drive options elsewhere in the course.
Learn more about using Google Drive with Canvas: