3C Media Solutions provides a free video hosting/streaming/captioning service, available to all faculty and staff of the California Community Colleges System.
Some highlights of the service include:
- personal account for uploading and storing media
- embed media in Canvas or other pages
- ability to share media privately or publicly
- request video captioning in a few simple steps
- and much more!
Get Started: Create A 3C Media Account
Before using 3C Media, instructors will need to create a free account
The first time you access the 3C Media tool (see below), you will be prompted to create a new account. *Be sure to use your Butte College @butte.edu email address when registering.
1. Enable the 3C Media tool in a Canvas course
The 3C Media tool is enabled by the instructor on a per-course basis by adding it to the course menu.
- go to Settings > Navigation
More Info: How do I reorder and hide navigation links?
- click the gear icon, then click Enable
- click Save to update the course menu
2. Access (or create) your 3C Media account
- click the 3C Media course menu item
The first time you access the 3C Media tool, you will be prompted to create a new account. *Be sure to use your Butte College @butte.edu email address when registering.
3. Review the Guide To Using 3C Media In Canvas (PDF)
This guide provides instructions for using the many features found in the 3C Media tool within Canvas, including how to:
- create an account
- upload media
- link to YouTube media
- manage your media library
- request video captioning
IMPORTANT: The 3C Media course menu item is ONLY used for uploading and managing your media library. Disable it when not needed, to prevent student confusion.
Adding Video To Canvas Course Content
Once you have a 3C Media account, your content can be accessed from the content editor anywhere within Canvas.
Use the 3C Media toolbar icon from the content editor to embed media
Refer to the Guide To Using 3C Media In Canvas for detailed instructions.
You can also upload and manage your 3C Media content on https://www.3cmediasolutions.org.